Local lockdown in RCT
The Welsh Government has announced that there will be a local lockdown in the RCT area commencing 6pm on Thursday 17th September.
This is to protect people’s health and control the spread of coronavirus in the area.
The following restrictions are being put in place
- people will not be allowed to enter or leave the Rhondda Cynon Taf Council area without a reasonable excuse
- everyone over 11 will be required to wear face coverings in indoor public areas – as is the case across Wales
- people will only be able to meet outdoors for the time being. People will not be able to meet members of their extended household indoors or form an extended household
- all licensed premises will have to close at 11pm
These are in addition to the general rules across Wales of
- always observe social distancing
- wash your hands regularly
- if you meet another household, outside your extended household, stay outdoors
- work from home if you can
- stay at home if you or anyone in your extended household has symptoms.
To protect our users and staff the Community Council Offices will close to visitors, and Cafe 50 will remain closed to users. For people who need to see us in person we can arrange a meeting for a specific time/date. Contact details can be found here
The Public toilets at Heol yr Orsaf, Pontyclun Park and Ivor Woods will remain open for residents to use.