Please find below the most recent news articles published on this website.
More information and news about our events and others in the community can be found in the Council’s social media
- Becoming a CouncillorAre you interested in representing your local community by becoming a Councillor? Being a Councillor can be very rewarding. Councillors can help if you are dissatisfied with a council service by advising or directing you to someone who can help sort out your problem and can sometimes progress the case on your behalf. As community […]
- Christmas messages 2020Pontyclun Community Council wishes all residents of Pontyclun and your families a happy and peaceful Christmas We recognise that Covid 19 makes this an exceptional Christmas following a very challenging year. More than ever we need to share the spirit of Christmas, the spirit of love and peace, with all those around us. We will […]
- Survey on temporary parking management to aid Social distancing in PontyclunPontyclun Community Council are seeking the views of residents, shoppers and businesses regarding a proposed scheme to help social distancing in the shopping area on Cowbridge Road Pontyclun We have been asked to request RCT CBC to temporarily close the on-street parking spaces on the Community shop/ Lloyds bank side of Cowbridge Road and use […]
- Pontyclun Remembers 2020In recent years, three to four hundred people have been commemorating Remembrance Sunday at the War Memorial. This year because of COVID, the organisers decided that it was not possible to organise a Remembrance Service to which many people would want to attend and due to the location it would not be possible to ensure […]
- Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB Partnership panelCall for expressions of interest for new Partnership Panel Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB is looking for expressions of interest from people in Rhondda Cynon Taf to join a new Partnership Panel. The Panel is an opportunity for the Health Board and local community to come together to look at models of care for emergency, minor […]
- Local lockdown in RCTThe Welsh Government has announced that there will be a local lockdown in the RCT area commencing 6pm on Thursday 17th September. This is to protect people’s health and control the spread of coronavirus in the area. The following restrictions are being put in place people will not be allowed to enter or leave the […]
- Buy local Shop Local, support your CommunityPontyclun Community Council has launched a “Buy local Shop local” campaign to encourage people to use our many and varied shops and businesses Covid 19 has hit all communities hard and Pontyclun is no exception. Lockdown has meant that many of our local businesses have had to close temporarily and our shopping areas have been […]
- Public Toilet in Pontyclun ReopensPontyclun Community Council are pleased to say that following implementation of new safety measures our Public Toilets in Heol yr Orsaf have reopened. They are open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Fridays and have baby changing facilities and are accessible. We ask that all users please help us to contain Covid19 by Sanitising hands […]
- Coronavirus supportInformation about sources of help during Coronavirus period
- Your community needs youCan you help support people during Covid 19 period?