The Barn – old public house
The original farmhouse here, called Mwyndy Bach dates back to 1570. It was probably a long Welsh house with cowsheds attached covered in thatch. Later the walls were raised to make first floor bedrooms with a stone tiled roof.
In 1988 the agricultural barn was converted to a country pub and restaurant.
To the rear sits a detached cottage built in the late 1600s for the servants of the manor house (which is adjacent). The Cottage is built of stone with a slate roof.