Vacancy for a Community Councillor in Pontyclun East
Pontyclun Community Council currently has a vacancy for a Councillor in the Pontyclun East ward which will be filled through the process of co-option.
Co-opted Councillors have the same rights and responsibilities as those Councillors who obtain office through election. The role is varied and enables local people to use their skills and experience to enhance the work undertaken by the Council for the benefit of the community.
The Council wishes to invite eligible people to submit their applications for the role of Councillor by way of a letter/email outlining the following:
- the contribution you believe you could make to the work of the Council.
- the personal qualities that you would bring to the role.
Please make sure that you include your home address, telephone number and e-mail address in your letter.
To be able to stand as a candidate at a community council election you must:
- Be at least 18 years old and be a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen, a citizen of any member state of the European Union or a qualifying foreign citizen, and
- Meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- You are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the community in which you wish to stand.
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the community area during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination and the day of election has been in the community area.
- You have lived in the community area or within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
All eligible members of the community are welcome to apply. The Council is committed to achieving a balanced composition of Councillors that reflects the community of Pontyclun.
Closing date: Midday Friday 10th June 2022. Applications will be considered at the Council meeting in July 2022
If you wish to be considered for co-option for the vacant seat or want more information regarding the role of a Community Councillor, please contact the Clerk of the Council on 01443 238500 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org