The Miskin Arms
The Miskin Arms public house is situated in the centre of Miskin. It is a grade 2 listed building.
It was build in the 3rd quarter of the 19th Century and first recorded in 1871
It is a 3-bay public house of 2 storeys with attic, with walls rendered and painted cream, and slate roof with a brick stack to the right and taller rendered stack to the left.
A central half-glazed panelled door has a plain overlight. The outer bays in the lower storey have tripartite sash windows. A continuous lean-to canopy to the lower storey is carried on wooden posts with stone bases and has a slate roof.
The upper storey has 12-pane hornless sash windows. The right gable end has 2 hornless sashes in the upper storey and a round-headed sash window to the attic. A hipped lean-to is added to the lower storey to the right of which is an added doorway with half-lit double doors. Behind is a lower gabled wing at right angles, of whitewashed rubble and slate roof. A full-height opening right of centre has a boarded door, left of which is a sash window. A small lean-to is further eft with small window below the eaves upper.
For more information about the history of the community of Pontyclun please visit our online museum