St David’s church Miskin
The present church, dedicated to St David, the Patron Saint of Wales, was built in 1907 to replace a corrugated iron church which was built in 1878.
Funds for the building of the church were raised by public donations and events, notably the Grand Fete at Miskin Manor which raised over £1,000.
The church was licensed on 23rd December 1907 and later consecrated by the Right Rev Timothy Rees, Bishop of Llandaff, on Sunday 23rd April 1933.
St David’s Church was designed by local architect E M Bruce Vaughan.
One of the main features of the church is the beautiful stained-glass window dedicated to the Rhys-Williams family. Jessie Bayes, a friend of William Morris, and following in the Pre-Raphaelite tradition, designed the three most recent windows.
Two booklets have been produced, one about the history and another on the heraldry in the church. These can be obtained from the Parish