St David’s church, Groesfaen
Saint David’s Church, Groesfaen was consecrated in AD 1892 by the Bishop of Llandaff, and is the “daughter church” of St. Catwg’s in Pentyrch.
There is an hypothesis that the Church was built by the local gentry to rival the church built by Judge Gwylym Rhys-Williams in Miskin. The Dunnes of Croffta and the Martens from Henstaff Court were the benefactors.
The church is built on what was the edge of the village but is now centred in Groesfaen because of the “new” development in Y Parc. The Sunday services at that time were exclusively conducted in Welsh as there were very few in the parish who would have understood the liturgy in any other tongue. St David’s now serves as the Parish Church of Creigiau as well as Groesfaen.
Historically Groesfaen lay on the Penhrys Pilgrimage route and the churchyard houses the base on an ancient cross which is believed to be part of one of the route markers