St Cawdraf’s “monestery”
This ruin in the fields north of Miskin Manor and to the east of the A4119 is called St Cawraf’s monastery at Alltygawrddu, Miskin and has been on maps since 1849, probably following a statement by Iolo Morgannwg.
It has been demonstrated by the Royal Commission on Ancient Houses and Monuments in Wales (RCAHMW in 1982) to be a medieval courtyard house and any standing remains are those of a medieval manor house.
The Castell Mynach pub nearby on the A4119 is reputedly called that after this building
Across the A4119 by College House there was also a Chapel dating back to at least the 14th Century – Llangoed Chapel
For more information about the history of the community of Pontyclun please visit our online museum