Pontyclun Community Centre & Cafe 50
Built by Taff Ely Borough Council in 1994 after a great deal of pressure by Pontyclun Community and Borough Councillors, on land purchased by public donations in memory of Doctor Gordon Jones. It replaced the original centre which was built in the 1930’s by the unemployed of the area.
Originally it was a Community Centre in one part and a Day centre for the elderly in the other.
In 2014 the Day centre was taken over by the Community Council and reopened as Cafe 50
Café 50 provides reasonable priced meals, social groups and classes and gives people over 50 an opportunity to meet new people, renew old friendships and enjoy companionship.
The community centre is widely used by the general public; many community groups hold their meetings here.
Some data above is taken from details provided for The Flower Festival held in Talygarn Church – May 1998