Miskin Manor is a Victorian manor house built in 1864. It incorporates part of late 16th-early 17th century manor house.
The house is outwardly Victorian neo-Jacobean style. Although no decorative detail of the earlier period survives, irregularities in the plan and in the thickness of the wall suggest that an originally U or E-shaped, double-pile house was rebuilt and extended southwards.
The estate was owned by the Williams family including Rhys Rhys-Williams for many years who were descended from the Welsh bard David Williams.
In 1923 the manor house was partly consumed by fire which destroyed the south wing.
In 1940 the manor house was taken over by the Red Cross and used as a convalescent home. Lady Williams was commandant of the Red Cross Hospital there and continued to occupy part of the building until after her husband’s death in 1955.
The manor was then passed from the Red Cross to the local health authority in 1948 for continued use as a hospital until the late 1960s when it was sold.
Today the manor is used as a hotel and venue for wedding receptions.