Hope Penuel Chapel
Early in 1910 the growing English speaking members of Zion Chapel in Brynsadler started their own Chapel in Pontyclun. This became Hope Presbyterian Chapel
Initially with 20 members by the end of 1911 it had 61 members a Sunday school and an income of £333 11 shillings and 8 pence. By 1919 continued expansion meant a school room was added to the building.
The first full time minister was engaged in March 1926 (Rev. David Stanley Hopkins)
Further rebuilding and extensions were done in the 1970s
In 2004 a decision was made to merge Penuel & Trinity Church in Llantrisant with Hope Chapel forming Hope Penuel on 1st January 2005
For more information about the history of the community of Pontyclun please visit our online museum