Godfrey Clark (1855-1918), the son of George Clark was Chair of the Pontypridd improvement Board until the creation of the Llantrisant & Llantwit Fardre District Council in 1894 to which he was elected and became Chair.
Clarke bought Maesyfelin farm in 1907 and immediately began to shape 20th century Pontyclun. He developed the housing between Cerdin, Palalwyf and Llwynfen.
He built the Pontyclun Athletic Club and made land available for Pontyclun schools.
His son Damien Clerk sold Talygarn house to the South Wales Miners Federation in 1924