Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB Partnership panel
Call for expressions of interest for new Partnership Panel
Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB is looking for expressions of interest from people in Rhondda Cynon Taf to join a new Partnership Panel.
The Panel is an opportunity for the Health Board and local community to come together to look at models of care for emergency, minor injury and illness services in the area and to help reduce over-reliance on the emergency department at Royal Glamorgan Hospital.
Its focus will be to look at how we can work together in a constructive way to come up with ideas and solutions to the challenges facing these services. We also want to develop new ideas on communicating and engaging with people on choice and personal responsibility in the way these services are used.
Panel members will be responsible for sharing information from the community, including:
· Highlighting any local issues about the way they currently use emergency and minor injury and illness services and the reasons for this;
· Sharing suggestions and experiences to identify what actions could be taken to improve access, quality and experience of these services;
· Ideas on how to support the delivery of behavioural change around the use of emergency services to reduce inappropriate attendances.
Panel members should:
· Reside in RCT or represent those living in the area;
· Have an interest in developing an understanding of emergency and minor injuries and illness services and how they could be improved;
• Have an ability (time and technology) to regularly attend online meetings;
· Have a willingness to listen to and consider different views;
· Respect and maintain confidentiality when privy to any discussions, verbal or written, concerning patients and services and where specifically requested to.
Expressions of interest should outline why you want to join the Panel and how you can help to support its work. These should be sent to CTM_Engagement@wales.nhs.uk by Friday October 9th.
We welcome expressions in written or video format.
Please note, at present membership of the Partnership Panel is for residents or representatives of communities in RCT. If you are a resident or representative outside of RCT but are interested in getting involved with the Health Board, please let us know and we can provide information on alternative opportunities.