Former Seion Methodist Chapel
Seion Methodist Chapel sits at the top of Brynsadler hill just by where Llanharry Road turns off from Cowbridge Road. It was first built in 1826 and rebuilt in 1863.
The later chapel is built in the Simple Round-Headed and Romanesque style of the gable entry type.
The Reverend William Williams (1817-1900) a well known Calvinistic Methodist minister ran a school in Brynsadler for some time and this was probably at this chapel
The capacity of this chapel was for a congregation of about 200
By 1974 this chapel had been converted for residential use.
For more information about the history of the community of Pontyclun please visit our online museum