Grants and Support
Community Council Grants
We welcome applications for grant funding primarily from community groups in Pontyclun, Miskin and Groesfaen.
The objectives of the Council are:
- To encourage the participation of residents in community activities
- To improve the local economy
- To improve the local environment
- To include the less well-off in our community
- To foster the engagement of young people in the life of our community
By providing grant funding we will play our part in supporting the vitality of community groups and the ability of local people to be part of such groups.
Who and how will we support?
- The Council approves grants on a quarterly basis with closing dates for each quarter being end of May, August, November and February
- As the Council wishes to focus on supporting local Community groups, grants will be considered in the following priority order
- Local voluntary groups and local charities
- National Charities working within our community
- Commercial organisations.
- The maximum grant we would normally offer for a project or organisation is £500.In exceptional circumstances the Council will support a substantial capital project with funding in excess of £500. Applicants for such a level of funding should seek a preliminary meeting with the Clerk who would advise on the information required in support of such an application.
- Grants for a specific purpose will have priority over those to support the general activities of organisations.
For more details and to apply please see the application form below. They are available in English and Welsh.
The Council has a number of Community Notice boards strategically placed around the Community. Community Groups can ask to place notices in the boards by contacting the Clerk