Grants and Support
Community Council Grants
We welcome applications for grant funding primarily from community groups in Pontyclun, Miskin and Groesfaen.
The objectives of the Council are:
- To encourage the participation of residents in community activities
- To improve the local economy
- To improve the local environment
- To include the less well-off in our community
- To foster the engagement of young people in the life of our community
By providing grant funding we will play our part in supporting the vitality of community groups and the ability of local people to be part of such groups.
Who and how will we support?
- The Council approves grants on a quarterly basis with closing dates for each quarter being end of May, August, November and February
- As the Council wishes to focus on supporting local Community groups, grants for “national” organisations will be considered in March each year after the Community groups have been considered. Exceptions to this will be made for those groups with strong local links or where the request has an overriding need to be considered in a more timely manner.
- Commercial organisations can apply but priority is given to Community groups and Charities
- Grants will not be given for political purposes and only one grant per financial year will be given to an organisation.
- The maximum grant we would normally offer for a project or organisation is £500.In exceptional circumstances the Council will support a substantial capital project with funding in excess of £500. Applicants for such a level of funding should seek a preliminary meeting with the Clerk who would advise on the information required in support of such an application.
- Grants for a specific purpose will have priority over those to support the general activities of organisations.
For more details and to apply please see the application form below. They are available in English and Welsh.
The following links take you to PDF documents unless stated in link name
- Grant application form 2023 Cymraeg
- Grant application form 2023
- Grants awarded 2022 to 2023 Q3
- Grants awarded 2021 to 2022 Q4
- Grants awarded 2020 to 2021 Q4
- Grants awarded 2019 to 2020
- Grants awarded 2018 to 2019
- Grants awarded 2017 to 2018
- Grants awarded 2016 to 2017
Other sources of grants
There are many grant funders offering a variety of grants to groups, which could be applied for by groups from our area. Interlink has details of many on its website which can be reached via this link
Other support available from the Council
The Council has a number of Community Notice boards strategically placed around the Community. Community Groups can ask to place notices in the boards by contacting the Clerk
Notices need to be A4 portrait size
Support in Kind
The council is pleased to support local groups and clubs by allowing them to use our facilities for events and funraising activities. For example a number of mainly fitness classes are held in Pontyclun park.
If you would like to discuss options please contact the Clerk at email@example.com